“Fashions fade, style is eternal.” - Yves Saint Laurent

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dinner: Watermelon & Bananas



Hi ladies! I find posting a dinner plate is nice once in a while. It's fun to learn while your eating yes? You get to feel like your making a difference with your body inside and out, all the while enjoying a yummy treat! That's why I always include facts of items in my meal at the end of my post! The weekend is here so I hope everyone has a wonderful time remember to be safe!

A Few Quick Facts:

Watermelon is fat free but helps energy production.

Watermelon is naturally slightly astringent and may be used to benefit your skin’s appearance. Watermelon juice can be mixed with honey for use on dry skin, or with witch hazel for oily skin, or even used by itself as a simple, natural toner.

Watermelon is a sweet food that is filling, yet low in calories. It makes an excellent alternative to high calorie treats, or foods high in fat or salt that can lead to bloating and obesity.

----------------------------------------------------

Bananas are rich source of Vitamin A and Potassium, and they are very good at softening and hydrating the skin.

Bananas make you happy! No, seriously! Bananas contain a type of protein called tryptophan that is converted into serotonin by our bodies. We all know serotonin is a substance that can induce relaxation, enhance mood, and generally make us happy. So next time you’re feeling down, try reaching for that banana in the table and who knows, you may be feeling better in no time.

Bananas contain a high amount of potassium that can help normalize potassium levels and at the same time normalize the heartbeat and improve water-oxygen flow.Next time you feel stressed eat one! :)



MORE DINNERS W/ Renay!?
Dinner: Kiwi, Mango, Strawberries
Dinner: Strawberries & Bananas
Smoothie's , Yoga, Random Facts
...Dinner Vegan Tacos + Quick Facts
Dinner: Pineapple + Facts

5 comments:

  1. nice long time no buy banana eat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both banana and watermelon but never thought of eating them together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't eat meat right? Well this odd thing that I have been dealing with alot this past couple years is eating it. I have issues with my whole body just being achey in general after eating like beef or any meat that is from a huge animal. Not so much fish though. I am really thinking about just stopping trying to eat it anymore. I love fruit and I know that fruit and veggies in general I could eat all the time. I dont think I'd have an issue with that. Or giving up meat all together. I just have a fiance that loves it. So its hard to shop with him haha. How do you maintain or what inspired you because I think I need to get my mind kicking in the right direction. <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i want some banana right now! and mango too.

    Enter my Jewelry & Dior Giveaway!
    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just cannot get myself to like bananas but watermelons i LOVE! thanks for posting doll!

    ReplyDelete